Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Program
For Males & Females
Strategic Behavioral Center’s Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Program is a short-term program that provides stabilization and treatment for children, adolescents, adults and seniors who are in psychiatric crisis and cannot be maintained safely in their communities.
This program is designed for patients who are exhibiting one or more of the following:
- Significant risk of suicide or self harm
- Assaultive behavior toward family or others
- Psychotic or bizarre behaviors
- Serious depression or anxiety
- Extreme anger and explosiveness
- Serious impairment in their ability to tend to daily activities.
At SBC, children, adults and seniors, along with their families, work with a team of specialists in a secure, structured, therapeutic environment to promote healing. This program provides a safe, nurturing setting where our patients’ immediate mental health needs can be addressed so they can regain stability and effective functioning in order to return to their homes and communities. Families play a key role in the success of children, and family participation is an important component of our program.
- Medical and psychological evaluation
- Family, group, & individual therapy
- Medication management
- Coordination of treatment and aftercare plans with community providers
- Recreational therapy
- Schooling on site with certified NC state instructors (when applicable)